A dietary supplement to support proper nerve function and relaxation.
Available in a vegetarian, gluten free, and easy to swallow capsule.
Contains the active form of vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin).
Contains Quatrefolic® brand Folate L-5 MTHF, which is a highly bioavailable form of folic acid.
PROMega B™ contains Thiamin (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3 as niacinimide), Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid (B5), PABA, Choline and Inositol to support proper nerve func-tion and relaxation. The Vitamin B complex in PROMega B™ helps manage stress, support immune system function and helps reduce irritability. B vitamins are important for proper circulatory function, for maintaining blood pressure within normal ranges, and preserving proper cholesterol and homocysteine levels.
About B Vitamins
- Vitamin B1 supports circulation, optimizes cognitive activity and brain function, protects the body from the degenerative effects of aging, and have a positive effect on energy.
- Vitamin B2 has been included to facilitate the use of oxygen by the tissues and helps with the absorption of Vitamin B6.
- Vitamin B3 is needed for proper circulation and healthy skin. It aids in the functioning of the nervous system and in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. It affects both physical and mental health. It is required by the nervous system and is needed for normal brain function. It activates many enzymes and aids in the absorp-tion of Vitamin B12.
- Pantothenic Acid or Vitamin B5 is known as “the anti-stress vita-min.” It plays a role in the production of the adrenal hormones and is required by all cells. Pantothenic Acid may be helpful in managing irregular moods and anxiety.
- PABA (Para-Aminobenzoic Acid) is one of the basic constituents of folic acid and helps in the assimilation of pantothenic acid. A deficiency of PABA may lead to irregular mood states, irritability and nervousness.
- Vitamin B6 is a cofactor for over 60 different enzymatic reactions in the body. Vitamin B6 is required for normal brain and nerve func-tion. It is involved in the regulation of electrolyte balance. Vitamin B6 is needed for proper metabolism of fat and cholesterol. Vitamin B6 is also involved in the process of transsulfuration, a pathway that breaks down homocysteine to prevent its buildup in the blood stream.
- Vitamin B12 helps to support nerve health by maintaining the fatty sheaths that cover and protect nerve endings. It has also been shown to enhance sleep patterns, allowing for more restful and refreshing sleep. Folic Acid and Vitamin B12 are needed for the formation of red blood cells to help increase capillary blood flow and are necessary to turn homocysteine into methionine, which allows the body to recycle or remove homocysteine as needed. Folic Acid is needed for energy production and the formation of red blood cells. It is important for regulating homocysteine levels and may also help with fluctuating moods and anxiety. Folic acid is also needed for protein metabolism and repair of RNA and DNA.
- Biotin aids in cell growth; in fatty acid production; in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins; and in the utilization of the other B vitamins. It also supports healthy nerve tissue.
- Choline is needed for the proper transmission of nerve impulses from the brain throughout the central nervous system. It aids in fat and cholesterol metabolism.
- Inositol has a calming effect and helps to maintain cholesterol lev-els within normal ranges. Deficiency in inositol may lead to mood swings and anxiety.