Benefits of NAC
- An amino acid supplement to support immune system function and lung health.
- N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is a non-essential, free form amino acid that is a highly stable form of cysteine.
- NAC is necessary for the production of glutathione, an antitoxin produced by the body.
- Glutathione helps the body cope with oxidative stress, which is associated with disease and improves the number and activity of immune cells within the body.
- The free radical neutralizing properties of NAC might also help it support pulmonary and cardiac function.
- NAC helps to support healthy lung tissue and the body’s natural defenses including cellular health.
- NAC helps to break down mucus in the respiratory tract and helps with rebuilding of lung tissue, and helps support the activation of immune cells to support the immunity.
- NAC seems to be able to help clear mucus from the body as a result of several different mechanisms. NAC ruptures mucus disulfide bonds, which reduces mucus viscosity, and it stimulates clearance of mucus from the respiratory tract.
NAC also appears to help maintain inflammatory processes within normal ranges.